Disney has been a part of my life for almost all of it. This is me trying to narrow down five memorable moments this company has given me.
- One of the custodial guys at Tokyo Disneyland responding to my very, very broken Japanese inquiry as to what time the fireworks were on. He was so polite and sweet, making it easy for me to understand, because he knew I probably wouldn’t understand the word “cancelled” in Japanese.
- Hiding under the theatre seat in The Lion King at age 4. And Beauty and the Beast stage musical at 5.
- My acceptance email for the International College Program arriving. Seriously, it’s like your Hogwarts letter.
- Watching Celebrate the Magic and Wishes at Walt Disney World and crying maybe just a tiny bit.
- Standing at the fountain in Epcot outside Mouse Gear with Stitch hands on and waving to the crowd as they left IllumiNations. It’s so much fun calling out “happy birthday” to people with badges and having small children waving like crazy.
Seeing Fantasmic! for the first time almost made this list, but I already had Wishes on there, so I didn’t want to put another show. But my friend will attest to my gobsmacked face for almost the entire show.